Thursday, January 26, 2012

What a week.

This has been quite the week for our little Vivio family.  Chris is currently in Washington D.C. and preparing for his lecture recital as I type.  He's worked so hard on this presentation, and if you wouldn't mind, I know he would appreciate a few prayers directed his way.  He presents his recital at 11 a.m. tomorrow (12 p.m. Eastern time), so I'll try to post an update tomorrow evening.  The presentation will also be streamed live via the internet at http://www.usarmyband.com/video/live_audio_broadcast_page.html.  If you would like to watch, but are unable to get the link to work for some reason, feel free to give me a call.  That just happens to be my lunch time at school and I'll be available to answer my phone.

While Chris is away, Evan is helping me hold down the fort.  He's been such a trooper this week without dad.  Instead of being the last baby to arrive at daycare, Evan has found out what it's like to be the first one there.  He even walked me to the door today (with Esrene's help) to say good-bye.  Leaving him every morning has been a challenge for me, but I've survived.  However, I'm glad Chris will be home next week and I won't have to drop Evan off anymore.  I'm sure Evan will be glad, too.  I'm sure he's thinking, "Enough with the kisses already, mom.  Just let me go play!"  I just can't help myself.  He flashes me a big, cheesy grin and my heart melts.  By the way, his cheesy grin is on the verge of sprouting it's eighth tooth-bottom right side.

In the midst of the hustle and bustle of our week, we are also extremely saddened by the unexpected passing of Chris's aunt, Demi, last Friday.  We cherish the time we were able to spend with her at Christmas, and are so glad she and Evan had a chance to meet.  She is terribly missed, and we, along with Chris's family, appreciate everyone's prayers at this difficult time.

No comments: